As an organization, you’re committed to improving diversity. You want to build high-performing, diverse teams.
But how do you attract and hire these candidates without simply appealing to a mandated quota or succumbing to discrimination (both positive and negative)?
The steps below will talk you through a simple, research-backed process for increasing diversity at the top of the hiring funnel and ensuring that this diversity is maintained throughout the process.
Although the process below does not guarantee you’ll hire someone from a minority background, diversity will improve over time as a result of bias removal.
- Unconscious bias in traditional hiring practices
- Inclusive job descriptions
- How to do referrals the right way
- Start tracking your job boards
- Why the resume has to go
- Why structured interviews and scoring criteria are important
- Document your diversity hiring process
- Diversity hiring as an investment
Let’s dive in!