Their secret? …. Product-led growth.
But, the product-led growth approach isn’t just about trying before buying. There’s more to it than that. In fact, to truly be product-led you’ll need to choose between a free trial or freemium model; determine if you’ll be targeting the makers or the shakers of an organization; decide which sea you wish to sail when following the Blue Ocean Strategy; and, choose whether your strategy wants to focus on the bottom-up or the top-down.
Feeling confused? Don’t worry, this post will help clear things up. I’ll go over what product-led growth actually is and help you decide if the approach is right for you. I’ll also take a look at Slack and Hubspot, the poster children of the PLG approach to show what it looks like in practice.
To jump to a specific section click on the appropriate link below.
- Product-led growth in a nutshell
- Product-led growth as a go-to-market strategy
- Is the product-led growth approach for you?
- Key metrics for measuring product-led growth
- Product-led growth in practice: Slack
- Product-led growth in practice: Hubspot
- Product-led growth: Key takeaways
Let’s get sailing…