96% of businesses use some kind of business process documentation, indicating a desire to document processes. Yet only 2% have fully documented processes that can be relied on for smooth business functioning, despite the widely reported benefits. There seems to be a knowledge gap preventing the full documentation of business operations. This article aims to close that gap and make it easier to build business processes for leaders worldwide.
A business process is a set of steps that, when completed in the required order, deliver the desired business outcome. Process building – aka business process documentation – is the documentation of these steps to create an actionable system to work from.
In this Process Street article, we turn to the process experts. We asked our internal team to give their top tips on process building, and here’s what we found out. We present you with our 8 time-saving tips for efficient process building.
- Tip #1: Start with the big tasks & work your way down
- Tip #2: Quickly copy processes from Excel into Process Street
- Tip #3: Drag and drop media files directly into your workflow templates
- Tip #4: Tag your teammates directly with comments inside of workflow runs
- Tip #5: Use Conditional Logic to show/hide training content (and avoid inconveniencing experienced users)
- Tip #6: Add custom tasks to build truly dynamic processes
- Tip #7: Build a follow-up system & never miss tasks
- Tip #8: Build one-task-processes & master your daily tasks
Let’s start building!