Bored of Scrum and Kanban? Thinking about making the move to Shape Up?
This post is here to get you clued up on what the development methodology Shape Up looks like in practice. I’ll be giving you a sneak-peak into what we do here at Process Street as our EPD team shares their secrets. Learn how Shape Up facilitates the smooth running of a cross-functional team.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Shape Up, or if you’re interested in the Design part of the E-P- “D = design” team,or maybe, you’d like to get your hands on 3 Shape Up workflows to plug straight into your team, check out the following posts:
- Shape Up vs Scrum: 6 Months to 6 Weeks – How We Cut Our Dev Cycle 75%
- An Interview with Ivy: Shape Up From a Product Designer’s Perspective
- Ditch Scrum! 3 Shape Up Processes & Checklists to 5x Your Dev Cycle
In this post I speak to Process Street’s Product Lead, Michael, and our Full Stack Engineer Herbie. We talk about all things Shape Up and discuss how the methodology facilitates the success of a cross-functional team.
- Q1: Summarize what the EPD team is, and your role within the team.
- Q2: As a Product Lead what would you say are the key differences between Shape Up and say something like Scrum or Kanban?
- Q3: How do you find working in small highly focused cycles as opposed to Sprints
- Q4: Does the Shape Up method allow for more asynchronous communication (and less meetings)?
- Q5: As a Product Lead/Engineer am I right to think you work on a parallel track with other members of the EPD team. Could you talk me through this process?
- Q6: What does Shape Up empower you to do?
- Q7: This is your area of expertise, what are your key takeaways when it comes to Shape Up, how it works alongside the EPD team, and so on.
Let’s get started!