A proposal has a lot of different purposes, but there’s only one good way to write one: the way that pulls together all of the information in a concise and persuasive way and helps you get what you want … whether that’s a whole new software system, or just a tweak to your marketing strategy.
This Process Street article isn’t about a business proposal — also known as a quote — but instead about the document required when formally pitching an idea for action and execution by managers or department heads.
To explain how to write a proposal document and get what you want, we’ll go through the following:
- Free proposal writing template
- When are proposals necessary?
- Why are proposals important?
- Examples of proposals
- How to write a proposal: step-by-step
- Last steps before submitting the proposal
- More free proposal writing checklists
- Even more free proposal writing checklists
- Customize your proposal checklists with Process Street
Let’s get started.