This is a guest post by Reese McKnight. Reese is a sales veteran and editor over at JookSMS, a messaging platform for teams and customers. Hailing from Royersford, Pennsylvania, she started out as a sales assistant in local advertising. Her favorite pastime is trying out new cuisines and board games.
Widespread business changes, caused by COVID-19, have affected global trade and supply chains significantly.
Hundreds and thousands of businesses around the world are having to navigate newly implemented no-contact policies for the safety of both themselves and their clients.
What does this mean for logistics & inventory management?
This question, and more, will be answered in this Process Street as we go through the following topics:
- Logistics & inventory management: What’s the current state of play?
- No-contact policies in logistics & inventory management
- 4 steps to help you manage your inventory with a no-contact policy
- 7 top tips help you manage logistics with a no-contact policy
- Logistics & inventory management in a nutshell