In a past life, I interned at a fashion company. And at the tender age of 19, it was my first introduction to the working world.
But my time there was largely spent in a state of bewilderment, wondering what tasks I should be focusing on, what the right processes for those tasks were, and what a successful end-result for those tasks would look like. (This company was part of the 22% that have no onboarding program.)
And because the team was always out of the office – attending photoshoots, meeting brands and retailers, going for their 17th coffee of the day at over-priced (and mediocre) cafés in London’s East End – it meant I was often alone in the office, wondering what the hell to do.
Unsurprisingly, the company went bust in 2019.
If they’d have had an operations manual or some operations manual templates, however, I would’ve been able to complete a ton of work while they were focusing on other parts of the business. That’s because an operations manual contains information about the company, the company’s hierarchy, roles and responsibilities, business policies, and key facts regarding processes and procedures.
Don’t let your business fall into the same trap as the now-defunct fashion company.
Create, implement, and audit an operations manual.
In this post, I’ll further define what an operations manual is and the benefits of having an operations manual. To boot, I’ll provide you with a host of nifty operations manual templates, and tell you how Process Street can aid you with your manual!
Read the following sections to get clued up:
- What’s the operations manual definition?
- The benefits of having an operations manual
- 7 (free!) superpowered operations manual templates
- Use Process Street to take full control of your operations!
Or, if you just wanted the templates, grab them here:
- Operations Manual Template
- Checklist for Writing an Operations Manual
- Internal Audit Procedure for an Operations Manual
- Process Library Checklist
- The Process for Optimizing a Process
- ISO 9000 Structure Template
- ISO 9001 Internal Audit Checklist for Quality Management Systems
In fact, here’s a sneak preview of the templates that you’ll be getting for free!
Let’s get started, shall we?