If you want to grow your business, you need to know how to allocate your resources to make it happen. How do you figure out the steps you need to take, or the processes you need to implement to make it happen?
You conduct a gap analysis.
Simply put, the gap analysis is a tool designed to help you understand where you are, and what you need to do in order to get to where you want to be.
In this article, I’ll be breaking down the basics and running through a process for getting started with performing your first gap analysis.
Here’s what this Process Street article has in store:
- What is a gap analysis? In simple terms
- What’s the use of a gap analysis
- Benefits of gap analysis
- Common gap analysis examples
- Different types of gap analysis
- The gap analysis process
- Gap analysis tools
- How to streamline the gap analysis process
Let’s get started.