🚨If you’re on the front lines fighting COVID-19 and want to use these processes to help your facility, please contact us and we will set you up with a free account*🚨
In the wake of challenges at the scale of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 it is vital that we share as much knowledge as possible to help each other prepare for the problems we face and fight them effectively when they arrive.
This article will compile the procedures outlined in the Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment (2020) produced by The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine (FAHZU).
FAHZU had significant success in tackling the spread of coronavirus within its hospital while seeing successful outcomes and has – in association with the Jack Ma Foundation, AliHealth, Alibaba Cloud, and other partners – released the above handbook to guide hospitals and medical centers around the world, and inform them of effective best practices to fight the coming challenge.
The handbook contains many materials including policies, charts, and imaging examples. In this Process Street article, however, we’ll focus on the process-aligned elements of the guide.
Some of the items we have extracted from the handbook function as linear procedures to guide action, others as processes to guide the setup or auditing of systems.
Each process template will be embedded below with a description. The article will be structured as follows:
- How to use these COVID-19 templates
- Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment from FAHZU (2020)
- 16 COVID-19 procedure templates to help hospitals and medical centers fight coronavirus
- How to use Process Street for healthcare providers
Process Street COVID-19 procedure templates quicklinks
The quicklinks to each template are here:
- COVID-19 Procedure: Isolation Area Management
- COVID-19 Procedure: Disinfection Procedures for COVID-19 Isolation Ward Area
- COVID-19 Procedure: Lung Transplantation Pre-Transplantation Assessment
- COVID-19 Procedure: Nursing Care During Treatment (ALSS)
- COVID-19 Procedure: Protocol for Donning and Removing PPE
- COVID-19 Procedure: Staff Management (Workflow and Health)
- COVID-19 Procedure: Daily Management and Monitoring of ECMO Audit
- COVID-19 Procedure: Digital Support for Epidemic Prevention and Control
- COVID-19 Procedure: Discharge Standards and Follow-up Plan for COVID-19 Patients
- COVID-19 Procedure: Disinfection of COVID-19 Related Reusable Medical Devices
- COVID-19 Procedure: Disinfection Procedures for Infectious Fabrics of Suspected or Confirmed Patients
- COVID-19 Procedure: Disposal Procedures for COVID-19 Related Medical Waste
- COVID-19 Procedure: Disposal Procedures for Spills of COVID-19 Patient Blood/Fluids
- COVID-19 Procedure: Procedures for Handling Bodies of Deceased Suspected or Confirmed Patients
- COVID-19 Procedure: Procedures for Taking Remedial Actions against Occupational Exposure to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Procedure: Surgical Operations for Suspected or Confirmed Patients