For organizations, updating prices is like getting plastic surgery (I imagine).
You’re painfully aware that people can see what you’ve done, but under no circumstances will you ever talk about it. It’s a forbidden topic.
“The first rule of pricing is: you do not talk about pricing” – Medium, The First Rule of Pricing is: You Do Not Talk About Pricing
Until now. I’m sticking two fingers up to the stigma surrounding pricing and I’m lifting the lid to reveal what goes on, behind the scenes, when organizations like Process Street change their SaaS price model.
I know. I’m brave, right?
And, here they are…
- SaaS price model lesson #1: Pricing is a never-ending process
- SaaS price model lesson #2: Pricing is about perception
- SaaS price model lesson #3: Yearly is better than monthly
- SaaS price model lesson #4: Listen to customers, not competitors
- SaaS price model lesson #5: Involve the whole team
Let’s hope I still have a job at the end of this… 🤞