This is a guest post by Derek Jones from Deputy, a global workforce management platform for employee scheduling, timesheets, and communication. With a focus on Emerging Retail, Derek helps business owners and workforce leaders simplify employment law compliance, keep labor costs in line, and build award-winning workplaces. Derek has over 16 years’ experience in delivering data-driven sales and marketing strategies to SaaS companies like MarketSource and Griswold Home Care.
Most organizations know this. Therefore, they want employees that are as efficient as possible. However, that is easier said than done, especially in industries where activities often run at odd hours or even 24/7.
For such industries (like healthcare, hospitality, and retail in particular), one of the most important things they’ll need to manage is shift work scheduling.
Employees that work in an enabling environment have a higher chance to properly complete all important tasks – on schedule.
In view of that, in this Process Street article, we will:
- Discuss some of the issues and challenges that surround shift work.
- Take a look at up-to-date research regarding employee performance.
- Summarize 3 shift-work goals you can incorporate to optimize your shift work schedule.
- Give top tips on shift work scheduling to maximize employee productivity and retention.
Click on the relevant subheaders below to jump to that section, alternatively scroll down to read all, and find out how you can optimize your shift work schedules today!
- Schedule optimization: Using BPM in shift work
- Shift work scheduling: The top 3 shift work issues
- How do common shift work issues impact employee performance?
- Schedule optimization: 3 goals to optimize your shift schedule
- Shift work scheduling: Scheduling tips and tricks for shift work
Let’s jump right to it!