When Michael E. Gerber gives you advice for starting a business you listen to it.
With a career spanning over 40 years and working with hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide, Gerber’s expertise is invaluable to anyone looking to start their own venture. Lucky for us, he’s written several books on the topic, the most famous of which I’ll be summarizing in this post.
This E Myth summary will take the core business tips from Gerber’s work and condense them into a single post. It’s all of the value, proven with examples from companies like Facebook and Zenefits, and doesn’t need you to spend 40 years to learn it.
In particular, I’ll be covering:
- Balancing your business personalities
- Creating a business, not a job
- Working on your business, not in it
- Why your business needs systems
- The idea of your business being your product
- Motivating employees with the idea behind their work
- Make topics human to make them interesting
Let’s get started.