This is a guest post by Bryan Christiansen from Limble CMMS – a modern and easy to use mobile maintenance software. Over the years Bryan evolved from a simple software engineer with a spark of entrepreneurial spirit into a confident leader that manages a whole team of people, moving the maintenance industry forward.
When production is expanding, it’s great news for the business. However, this rapid expansion brings many challenges. Properly preparing for each challenge will be important so that production processes run smoothly.
The maintenance department is no exception. As your operation grows, there will always be some difficulties adjusting to the increased maintenance load. This is where maintenance management as a discipline comes in.
Despite its importance for efficient expansion, a HubSpot survey found only 6% of respondents considered their maintenance department well-established.
Maintenance management looks at the steps you can take to prepare and scale your maintenance capacity.
In this Process Street article, we will present to you our 6 top strategies you can implement for efficient maintenance management.
Click on the relevant subheaders below to jump to that section. Alternatively, scroll down to read all we have to say regarding the topic of maintenance management.
- What is maintenance? The importance of more efficient maintenance processes
- Maintenance management concept #1: Using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Maintenance management concept #2: The proactive maintenance approach
- Maintenance management concept #3: Continuous improvements with a DMAIC Process
- Maintenance management concept #4: Cleaning out your deferred maintenance backlog
- Maintenance management concept #5: Setting up proper inventory management practices
- Maintenance management concept #6: Adding resources through hiring
- Use Process Street for the management of your maintenance processes