Have a look at the below editor job description example. This will give you a rough idea of what you are aiming to create.
The Copy Editor will review and edit all email and/or interactive projects throughout the entire creative process to ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency of projects before release. The Copy Editor is responsible for some project management, including coordinating project timelines and processes, maintaining status sheets and routing creative assets. Will work closely with creative and client services team members.
- Proofreads at various stages of production for accurate presentation of all content modifications, revisions, updates or new copy content
- Checks for grammar, punctuation, usage, capitalization, style, layout, format and inconsistencies; fact checks as needed
- Checks against backup (creative, reference)
- Checks that all brands, products, and logos are up to date
- Checks legal copy and all trademarks and copyrights are correct and up to date
- Checks that all phone numbers and URLs are accurate and functioning
- Maintains a library of up-to-date client information and brand standards
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and communicates them to supervisor
- Coordinates project timelines and schedules meetings
- Communicates with creative and client services team members to ensure projects are on track and deadlines are met
- Maintains status sheets with up-to-date project information
- Routes creative assets to appropriate team members for review
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to be highly accurate in proofing copy under tight deadlines
- Collaborates as an effective team member
- Stays up to date on all required software
- Well-versed in latest style manual as pertains to each specific account
- Able to clearly communicate changes and updates
- Must utilize exceptional spelling and grammar
- Able to create, adhere to or update relevant style guides as needed
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
Duties & Responsibilities
- A passion for hunting typos and correcting grammar; incredibly detailed and organized
- Accuracy under the pressure of extremely tight deadlines, with a strong work ethic
toward getting tasks completed, no matter the obstacles
- Checks email links as requested to ensure accuracy
- Prioritizes multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Comfortable leading and collaborating as an effective team member, with the ability to both work independently and take direction well
- Learns new programs, processes and systems quickly
- Manages project timelines and ensures deadlines are met
- Communicates effectively with creative and client services team members
- Routes creative assets to the appropriate parties for review
- Experience working with Excel, Word, Basecamp, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, including mark-up/editing/distribution of electronic documents within each program
- Ability to utilize web research tools to fact check
- Strong knowledge of AP Style
- Experience working in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities in a tight deadline-driven environment
- At least 2 years of proofreading experience, in an agency setting or professional services organization; including checking documents for general errors, layout and style consistency, clarity and cross-referencing a variety of materials
Experience: Requires 2 years of related experience
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Conditions of Employment:
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People Deserve Great Benefits:
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon’s digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon participates in E-Verify.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Epsilon.
Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For San Francisco Bay Area: Epsilon will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.