Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 is the world’s leading, independently managed, non-profit food certification scheme for ISO 22000-based certification of food safety management systems.
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is a private organization that oversees and approves different auditing platforms, such as FSSC 22000, as meeting their criteria. This criterion provides a universal gold-standard of recognition to specific food safety audits.
"A food processor or manufacturer who can point to their GFSI certification can effectively and immediately show their customers and potential customers that their plant is operating with a structured, comprehensive, and effective food safety program." - Safe Food Alliance
The FSSC 22000 scheme is intended for the audit and certification of the food safety system of organizations in the food supply chain that process or manufacture:
- Perishable animal products (i.e. meat, poultry, eggs, dairy, and fish products).
- Perishable vegetable products (i.e. fresh fruits and fresh juices, preserved fruits, fresh
vegetables, preserved vegetables).
- Products with long shelf life at ambient temperature (i.e. canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt).
- (Bio)chemical products for food manufacturing (i.e. vitamin additives and bio-cultures) but excluding technical and technological aids.
- Food packaging material manufacturing.
- Animal feed.
This checklist will guide you through the certification process from obtaining scheme documents to organizing an external audit to receive a certification decision.
A little info about Process Street
Process Street is superpowered checklists. By using our software to document your processes, you are instantly creating an actionable workflow in which tasks can be assigned to team members, automated, and monitored in real-time to ensure they are being executed as intended, each and every time.
The point is to minimize human error, increase accountability, and provide employees with all of the tools and information necessary to complete their tasks as effectively as possible.