Have a look at the below accountant job description example. This will give you a rough idea of what you are aiming to create.
Is responsible for full charge bookkeeping, including maintaining
company financial records, monthly billing, billable time tracking and reports for review by the management team and outside certified public accounting firm. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Accounts receivable and payable
- EOM reconciliation
- Payroll taxes
- Quarterly payroll tax reports
- Personnel payroll records
- Paid time off tracking
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly business reports
- Computer data entry of time slips
- Working with the company’s accounting firm and insurance agent and other items as needed by management
- Experience in QuickBooks (or equivalent) and Microsoft Office products required.
Part‐time position: 25‐28 hours per week.
Reports to: President: Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Full charge bookkeeping including all month and year-end journal entries.
2. Compilation and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial
statements for in‐house use and CPA firm for year-end tax purposes and decision
3. Maintain employee records including but not limited to hours, salary, mileage
and personal time off, etc.
4. Process payroll semi‐monthly, file all payroll taxes and forms monthly, quarterly
and yearly as required by Federal and State laws. Maintain payroll files and
5. Manage Timeslips program including but not limited to reviewing and
downloading time, checking for accuracy and proof/edit as needed. Maintain the
program and update as needed.
6. Maintain all client accounts of time, billings and payments. Collection of
accounts receivable when necessary.
7. Prepare all monthly client invoicing and vendor payments for management team
approval and mailing.
8. Reconcile credit card receipts and statements monthly. Track credit card
receipts for client invoicing and payment cards in a timely manner.
9. Keeping records and tracking of all company assets purchased and in use.
Update records when assets are removed and no longer in use. Report to CPA.
10. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and financial analysis reports
including but not limited to financial statements, client budget reports,
employee time challenge reports, part‐time employee hours report, employee
financial profit share report, accounts receivable reports, etc.
11. Responsible for follow up phone calls/emails and letters to track billing records,
payment requests, bank statements, anything financial that needs follow‐up,
12. Prepare and maintain government client reporting and estimating.
13. Provide advice and assistance in making decisions in the areas of finances,
analysis, financial software and accounting as requested by management.
14. Working cooperatively with the company’s certified public accounting and
The successful candidate will:
1. Have an Associate Degree or higher with experience and knowledge in
bookkeeping and accounting principles.
2. Have experience in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products mainly Excel,
Word and Outlook.
3. Have demonstrated the ability to make sound professional decisions.
4. Maintain client and business confidentiality.
5. Be self-directed and self‐motivated.
6. Be detail-oriented, organized and accurate.
7. Demonstrate the ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of common financial matters in a timely manner.
8. Possess computer skills, including a working knowledge of common software
9. Present a professional appearance and demeanor as an associate of L&F.
10. Be able to work with diverse personalities.
11. Be willing to pursue collection of accounts receivables.
12. Must have professional/business telephone and email skills.
13. Be willing to do what it takes to get the job done in a timely manner.
14. Be bondable, possess a valid drivers license, have reliable transportation and
15. Satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.