Have a look at the below IT manager job description example. This will give you a rough idea of what you are aiming to create.
Company: Newport Credentialing Solutions. LLC.
Address: 16 Atlantic Ave, Lynbrook, NY 11563
Job Title: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
FLSA Data: FT, Exempt
Reports to: VP of Technology Solutions
Newport Credentialing Solutions is the nation’s premier provider of cloud-based software and services dedicated to the credentialing life cycle. Newport provides cloud-based workflow, analytics, and business intelligence credentialing software and cloud-enabled credentialing services to some of the largest academic medical centers, health systems, and multi-specialty group practices in the United States. Newport helps clients “Take Control” of their credentialing life cycle by streamlining operations, reducing credentialing related denials, and generating more cash for their organizations. The company has a “high energy” work environment that rewards innovation and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
For the right candidate, Newport is willing to offer a highly competitive base salary, performance bonus, and health benefits package.
As IT Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all Newport and Newport Clients are adequately supported in all systems and software that Newport offers. You will also be responsible for managing Newport’s support staff as well as assist in making strategic IT decisions. Please note, these tasks are provided as a guide and you may be required to
perform additional duties in addition to these tasks.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not exclusive of the following:
• Provide management and guidance for IT support of desk-based computer hardware and software, diagnosing
and solving issues and escalating to 3rd Line where appropriate for internal/external users.
• Provide 2nd line of application support across all business systems, diagnosing and solving basic application
issues and routing/escalating where appropriate
• Work with and develop 2nd line support staff in regards to Network analyst, assisting with network, VMware, MS Exchange, data communication links and other infrastructure services as required.
• Log and track all incidents and requests on the Helpdesk system, providing regular updates to the customer and ensuring SLA’s are met and ensure that support staff is adequately doing the same.
• User admin including Active Directory admin, password resets, network drive mapping any other tasks as required
• Work with staff to ensure SLAs are met and a consistent IT service is delivered to the customer.
• Maintain a knowledge base of reoccurring issues & their associated fixes whilst investigating root causes.
• Carry out daily operational tasks, user administration, housekeeping tasks, and system monitoring to ensure the effective operation of IT systems and facilities.
• Carry out IT installations, implementations, configuration & rollouts & other technical duties as required
• Produce and maintain technical and procedural documentation as required
• Assist in the IT department with duties of which you will be capable, as and when required
• Be a second line of contact at the corporate office for all IT issues and maintain all assets and oversee the first line of contact
• Advise the IT Director of any planned IT Changes and assist in providing ideas back to the IT Director of improvements that can be made within the corporate office both through IT Process and new technology
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to support IT software and systems
• Develop and train IT staff
• Serve as primary technical implementation point of contact for Newport’s service and software clients
• Provide training on Newport software to internal and external users
• Provide demonstrations to potential, new, and existing customers
Technical Skills - Required
• 3rd Line Business Application support
• Demonstrable VMware skills
• MS Exchange
• Internet & routing protocols
• SQL Support
• Basic Development Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Understanding of Cloud Computing
• Amazon AWS Experience
• Network Security and Architecture Experience
• Microsoft Windows
• Active Directory and similar tools
• PC and Printer Hardware
• Microsoft Office
• Networking Protocols/technologies
• Server Administration
Non-Technical Skills – Required:
• management and supervisory skills
• team building skills
• analytical and problem solving skills
• decision making skills
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to translate technical issues and concepts into business language.
• Regular and timely communication of request/incident status
Multi-tasking: Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and prioritize effectively.
Accuracy: Ability to ensure information, facts and figures are accurate and free from mistakes.
Sense of Urgency: Ability to respond as needed within an appropriate time-frame.
Problem Solving: Analytical thinker with ability to solve problems and seek support/help when needed.
Organization: Ability to organize effectively.
Team-Player: Ability to work both within and across teams to ensure work is completed with appropriate input from others.
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions on work issues that impact the successful completion of tasks.
Focus: Ability to work calmly & effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
Customer Service: focused with demonstrable ‘soft skills’ and empathy with user’s issues.
Delivery: Delivery focused with a commitment to get the job done.
Extra Mile: Going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
• Qualified candidates only
• Please submit resume to Newport Credentialing Solutions Department of Human Resources at: