There’s no point in ranking for terms that you think are great if your audience doesn’t use them.
It’s very common for people to assume that they know what their customers search for, whether or not they’ve done any research into it.
Intuition isn’t good enough, don’t just guess, make sure that you test your assumptions.
Tools and methods:
- Ask your customers what they search for to find you
- Answer The Public (free tool)
- See what questions people post in forums (e.g. Quora)
- Audience View by Hitwise (Paid tool)
- Brandwatch (Paid tool)
- What users do (Paid tool)
List any phrases that you find in your keyword list.
You can use a spreadsheet, paper list or something like this: