Generate ideas on new product to be developed by:
- Conducting market research
- Studying consumer trends
- Consulting R&D Departments, Sales people
- Attending trade shows,
- Organizing brainstorming sessions with engineers, scientist, businessmen, etc.
Conduct Idea Screening, during brainstorming sessions, with engineers, scientists, businessmen, lawyers, bankers, auditors, other professionals.
This process seeks to filter out unsound concepts and zero in on bankable-realistic concepts. During the idea-screening process, the following issues have to be addressed:
- The benefits that can be derived from the product, and consumer reactions to the product idea have to be studied.
- The size and growth forecast of the target market
- The expected competitive pressure for the product idea
- The industry trends the product idea is based on
- Technical feasibility of the product as evaluated by a team of engineers and scientists. Cost-effective production processing have to be ascertained.
Economic viability of the product as evaluated by a team of bankers, auditors, entrepreneurs, lawyers and other professionals.
Prepares Concept Development and Testing through organizing working committee:
re: Hydrocar - runs on fuel cell that converts hydrogen gas into electricity.
- Intellectual property issues have to be evaluated
- Patent databases have to be searched out and submitted.
- Target markets (identified consumers) have to be identified.
- Product Features have to be deliberated carefully and deliberated in detail.
- Product Feasibility has to be subjected to computer-aided rendering and rapid prototyping process.
Facilitates Business Analysis Studies by hiring several market research groups (MRG) and commission it to perform the ff:
- Prepares and Distributes customer feedback forms to target markets.
- Undertakes competition feedback-related work.
- Prepares Profitability and Break-Even Point Studies, including Estimated Selling Price and Estimated Sales Volume Studies.
- Submits studies to ad hoc committee for review.
Conducts Beta-testing by:
- Physical prototype is produced and subjected to a series of scientific-engineering testing.
- Prototype is introduced in trade shows attended by carefully selected consumers.
- Product adjustments are undertaken and conducts initial run of the product.
Determines Customer Acceptance by subjecting it to final market testing by selling it to test market area.
Facilitates Technical Implementation by following series of steps given below:
- Finalizes quality system management created by team of engineers and technical consultants.
- Finalizes operational working plans on production process and engineering support produced by team of engineers and technical consultants.
- Finalizes estimated production resources (raw materials, industrial supplies, engineering materials, equipment and machinery) drafted by team of engineers and technical consultants.
- Sources out resources requirements and conducts bidding process. This task is delegated to procurement specialists.
- Facilitates logistical operations to deliver the required production resources to plant site before commencing on production.
- Schedules production of the product.
- Starts the production process.
- Checks product quality at each stage of production.
- Certifies completion of the production process.
- Makes physical inventory of the finished products.
- Warehouses the finished products in special storage facilities.
Conducts commercialization of the product by:
- Contacting exclusive distributors.
- Preparing distributors contracts.
- Signing distributors contracts.
- Conducting logistical operations to deliver the products to their places of distributions.
- Delivering the products to the show rooms of distributors.
- Selling of the products to consumers.