This Environmental Management System (EMS) Implementation Checklist Template has been developed from the US Environmental Protection Agency‘s Environmental Management Systems: An Implementation Guide for Small and Medium-Sized Organizations.
We have pulled information from EPA’s guide, to create this checklist that will guide you in the creation of an environmental management system plan. This plan acts as an aid for efficient development and implementation of your environmental management system.
What is an environmental management system?
With an effective environmental management system, you are continually planning, implementing, reviewing and improving your business processes. The aim of EMS systems is to meet environmental laws and regulations and to improve your companies environmental performance.
Why is an environmental management system important?
With an effective environmental management system, you can obtain:
- Long-term sustainable profits
- A marketing advantage
- Reduce environmental incidents
- Improve your reputation
- Improve your regulative performance
- Reduce business costs
- Attract shareholders and investors
Checklists are a great way to improve your productivity, efficiency and to prevent failure. In this instance, our checklist approach has broken down the creation of your environmental management system into achievable steps.
Process Street has created features aimed to increase the use-value of our checklists. This Environmental Management System Implementation Checklist Template uses the following features:
- Stop tasks, to ensure task order
- Dynamic due dates to ensure time-critical tasks are completed
- Role assignment so that you can delegate tasks within your team
- Conditional logic, so that the checklist caters to your specific needs and situation