Run this Sales Onboarding Checklist to hire new sales staff, train them with the required skills and knowledge, instill company values, and show them how to leverage the provided tools of a company.
Think of the sales onboarding process as one that builds the next generation of sales leaders for your team.
With a strong onboarding process, your sales representatives will be set up for success before they even begin selling. According to a study by Leadership IQ, 46% of new hires fail within the first 18 months. To rub salt in the wound so to speak, only 19% achieve unequivocal success.
Even if you are bringing in the right talent, you cannot expect rockstar performances without an effective onboarding plan - like this one.
With an effective plan, you will receive benefits such as:
- Retention increases: The average turnover cost per sales rep is $19,690. This includes the costs of recruiting, training, and lost sales. With standardized and effective onboarding processes, your sales representatives are 60% more likely to stay in your organization for 3 years longer.
- Productivity boosts: Starting a new job is fraught with pitfalls in productivity. With a successful onboarding process, productivity is boosted by 25%.
According to the Society of Human Resource Management, a proper onboarding process will accomplish the following:
- Acclimate: To make a recent new hire feel comfortable, they need to understand your company's mission, what is expected of them, and what kind of support the company can give them.
- Engage: Multiple studies have proven more engaged employees are more productive and less likely to look for alternative employment.
- Retain: A successful onboarding process greatly increases the chance thst your organization retains top talent.
With that said, this Sales Onboarding Checklist has been specifically designed to help you acclimate, engage and retain top talent for your sales team. With this template, you can realize the benefits that come with the implementation of an effective sales onboarding process.
How to use this checklist
At the beginning of this checklist, you will be presented with a set of specialized questions given as form fields. You are required to populate each form field with your data.
Certain stages will require approval utilizing Process Street's approvals feature. Other features included in this template are: