Access management, along with incident, problem, and change management, is one of the core components of ITIL processes that need to be well executed in order to maintain high productivity and keep sensitive data protected within the walls of the organization.
In short, the primary goal of access management is to safeguard data from being accessed by unauthorized users, and that is exactly what completing this checklist will enable you to do, while also keeping a full audit trail in case you need to change permissions or investigate a problem.
According to Invensis Learning, effective access management provides the following benefits to business:
- It ensures that by controlling the access to different IT services, the confidentiality of information will be maintained.
- It ensures that the employees have only the required level of access to complete their jobs effectively.
- It reduces the possibility of an error being induced in the use of a crucial service by not allowing unskilled users to access them.
- It provides a means to audit the IT services and trace any misuse of the services.
- It ensures that access to the service of a particular user can be withdrawn when needed to comply with security requirements.
So let's get started. Before you know it, the user in question will be all set and you can rest easy knowing that they only have access to information that concerns their work.
A little info about Process Street
Process Street is superpowered checklists. By using our software to document your processes, you are instantly creating an actionable workflow in which tasks can be assigned to team members, automated, and monitored in real-time to ensure they are being executed as intended, each and every time.
The point is to minimize human error, increase accountability, and provide employees with all of the tools and information necessary to complete their tasks as effectively as possible.