Run our Meeting Minutes Template to quickly, simply, and effectively keep a record of your business meeting.
What are meeting minutes? Meeting minutes are a written transcript of what has been discussed during a meeting. The notes taken during the meeting are often taken by a designated note-taker or secretary. Notes are often proof-read and prepared for use after the meeting.
Why are meeting minutes important? Your meeting minutes are a vital part to convert your meeting into an action plan. Meeting minutes provide transparency and accountability and therefore are regulatory requirements for many industries and business processes.
Other benefits that come with recording your meeting minutes include:
- Meeting minutes become your guide allowing participants to keep tabs of commitments and when they are due.
- Meeting minutes serve as a reminder, with so many things happening at once, forgetting a thing or two is unavoidable. The minutes will allow the team to check their progress.
- Serve as a reference for members not present in the meeting. Conflicts in schedule could result in some members not being able to make it to the meeting. Creating a meeting summary means anyone who missed the meeting can be updated on what they missed.
- It is time-saving, as every teammate gets to know their responsibilities, whether or not they were in the meeting. The whole team can focus on their designated duties.
- It may serve as your corporate defense, as companies that strive to reach new heights in their industry would inevitably face litigation along the way. Meeting minutes provide facts, solid evidence, and transparency.
How do you create meeting minutes? Our meeting minutes template acts as a guide you can quickly and easily jump into to prepare for, take, and finalize meeting minutes for any meeting type.
How to use this checklist
At the beginning of this checklist, you will be presented with a set of specialized questions given as form fields. You are required to populate each form field with your data.
Most meetings are taken place with attendees that share decisions-making responsibilities and accountability. Therefore, minutes taken should be approved by the relevant personnel. With this in mind, certain stages will require approval utilizing Process Street’s approvals feature.
Other features included in this template are:
- Stop tasks – To ensure task order.
- Dynamic due dates – To make sure your initiative is reviewed on time.
- Role assignment – To delegate tasks within your team ensuring your supervisors are appropriately assigned to the review tasks.