Users: In order to create or edit templates you must be an Administrator or a Member who has been given ‘can edit’ access by your Administrator.
There are two ways to get started making templates. The first is to start from scratch with a Blank Template, and the second is to start from a Premade Template from our template library.
You can make a new template in your home screen, or inside a folder to help keep your templates organized.
Making a new blank template
To make a new blank template you need to click on the green “+New” button at the top of the left-hand menu.
Next, select “New Blank Template” from the dropdown menu.
Now you will have the chance to name your new template. Give it a name, then click “OK”. If you didn’t change it right away, you can change it when the template editor opens.
Note: If you don’t see the green ‘New’ button, you may have collapsed the left hand menu. Click “Show menu” to open it up again. If you still don’t see the button, you may not have permission, so please reach out to your administrator to give you access.
Add tasks and headings
Next you can add tasks and headings into your blank template. Headings are the stages or segments of your process, whilst Tasks are the actual steps that are involved in implementing your process.
In the bottom left of your screen you will see this menu:
Click Task or Heading to add these into your template. Click Duplicate to copy a task or heading.
Use the up/down arrows to re-order your headings and tasks, or click the dustbin icon to delete a heading or task.
- You can also add new tasks by hitting your Enter / Return key, or remove a task by hitting your Backspace / Delete key
- Transform tasks into headings (and vice versa) by adding or removing a colon : at the end of the item
- Re-order your headings and tasks by mousing over them on the left side, then drag and drop them into place
- Copy tasks (and any content within them) by clicking the ‘Duplicate’ button
- Select multiple separate tasks and headings by holding your CMD or CTRL key and clicking on each item you’d like to select, or use the SHIFT key to select a group of tasks
- Set up an Approval task in your process by using the ‘Approval’ button in the lower left-hand menu bar
- Multi-select tasks and headings by using the CMD or CTRL key
Save changes to your template when you have finished editing. Now you can run checklists straight away or start building another template.
Using a premade template
If you would rather use one of our premade templates than starting from scratch, start by clicking the “+New” button in the left-hand menu, and then select “New Premade Template”.
Once the gallery is open, you can search the template library by typing a keyword or phrase into the search box, or click on a category from the menu on the left.
The gallery shows a selection of templates relating to your search. Each one shows an image and a short description for each template, to help you decide which one to use.
To use a template, click one of the cards shown in the gallery. This opens the template and adds it to your home dashboard. If you opened the template gallery while inside a folder, the template will be added to that folder.
Now you can look through the whole template to see all the tasks and content it contains. You can run checklists straight away or, since Premade templates are completely customizable, you can edit the template to suit your specific needs.
Add more features and functions
You can add extra functionality and powerful features when you edit premade templates, or templates that you have built from scratch.