Welcome to your Process Street Getting Started Guide!
We have a tried and tested method called The 5 Stages of Process Building, which helps you learn how to build out your processes and workflows in the most effective way possible.
Introducing The 5 Stages of Process Building
These five stages will set a framework for your process-building journey.
Throughout our Help Center, you’ll see references to this Process Building framework. Feel free to navigate them as you see fit, to explore the many functions and features of Process Street.
Stages 1 and 2 cover the basics that everyone will need to know when learning how to use Process Street. Stages 3, 4 and 5 are where you can start to choose the parts that are relevant to you, for your specific workflows.
Stage 1 – Outline the steps
This stage lays the foundation for every workflow you create in Process Street. In fact these three components are all you need to get up and running!
- Workflows & Workflow Runs – Understand the core building blocks of Process Street
- Tasks & Headings – Outline and organize the steps of your process
- Subtasks – Add additional steps within tasks
Stage 2 – Build forms and function
Forms and built-in logic can totally transform your processes. Take the basic workflow that you just built by using the steps above, and add form fields to collect data, or add conditional logic to reveal different process paths based on information collected.
- Form Fields – Collect data in your Workflow Runs
- Conditional Logic – Create process paths for if-this-then-that scenarios
Stage 3 – Collaborate with others
Collaborating with your team and streamlining how they work, are what Process Street is all about. Use some or all of the features below, to customize your workflows and make them your own.
Get your team set up:
- Invite Users – Get your important collaborators on board
- Permissions – Decide who can see, run, edit, or build any workflow
Teamwork can be built right in:
- Task Assignments – Assign specific individuals or groups to any task in your workflow
- Role Assignments – Assign tasks based on a role instead of a person
- Stop Tasks – Enforce the order of tasks and streamline hand-offs
- Task Permissions – Customize who can see which tasks
- Dynamic Due Dates – Create automated and adaptable timelines
- Approvals – Set up approval flows anywhere your workflow requires sign-off
See what’s happening and prioritize your work:
- Reports – Keep tabs on progress across your team, your customers and your whole organization
- Inbox – Work through your personal list of assigned tasks, workflow runs, and approvals
Stage 4 – Add instruction
There are many ways to display content in your workflows, which makes them more visually appealing and easy to follow:
- Text – Add basic or formatted instructions and notes – even emojis! 🍻🍪
- Videos – Share a recording of how your workflow should be completed, or a welcome video
- Images – Include branded images or instructional screenshots
- Files – Provide your users with a file to download straight from a workflow run
- Website Embed – Embed other apps or software – Google Docs, Maps, Airtables and more!
You can also set up variables to populate other parts of your workflow runs, create summaries of task data and even push information from one app to another.
Stage 5 – Automate!
Automations take out some of the manual labor required when running your workflows. They can save you time by reducing duplicative tasks, improve accuracy and efficiency, and make your overall business more streamlined.
- Email Widget – Send quick and easy emails straight from your workflow runs
- Scheduler – Set a Workflow Run to start automatically for recurring or one-off events
- Run Link – Create new Workflow runs with just one click from anywhere, including your CRM
- Automations – Use Process Street’s direct integrations to connect your favorite apps.
- Integrations – Hook Process Street up to over 2,000 other applications!