This variable standard operating procedure (SOP) template was developed specifically to provide a baseline structure for you to be able to utilize to create your own company procedures.
Simple add this template directly to your Process Street account, and you’ll have access to all of our features to edit the template in whichever way best suits your needs. Some of our editing capabilities include:
- Adding/deleting tasks
- Form fields to record data
- Ability to add descriptive text or media to tasks
- Assigning team member roles to collaborate on procedures
- Using conditional logic to offer variable pathways depending on decisions made along the way
- Syncing the template with your existing software for better workflow automation
We’ve included, throughout the structure, explanatory information to help build context for you as you move through the procedure, and also provided clear, completable tasks which make up the steps of the procedure. For example, you’ll find form fields that you’ll be able to use to gather necessary information.
When you’ve edited the template to your liking, you can either run it as a checklist within Process Street, or you can export the template as a PDF if you prefer a standalone or physical document.
Further info related to standard operating procedures
The basics of building standard operating procedures
- How to Create and Organize The Perfect Process Library
- How to Create Business Systems Even When You Have No Time
- Processes, Policies and Procedures: Important Distinctions to Systemize Your Business
- 16 Essential Steps to Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- 20 Free SOP Templates to Make Recording Processes Quick and Painless
Adherence to standard operating procedures and ISO standards
- What is a Quality Management System? The Key to ISO 9000
- ISO-9000 Structure Template
- ISO-9000 Marketing Procedures
- What is an ISO Audit? Free ISO 9000 Self-Audit Checklist (ISO 9004:2018)
- ISO 9004:2018 Self-Audit Checklist
- How to Write an Actionable Policy and Procedure Template (ISO Compliant!)
- Agile ISO: How to Combine Compliance with Rapid Process Improvement
- Agile ISO: A Holistic Business Process Management Framework
Using Process Street to get the most out of your standard operating procedures
- What is BPM? The Ultimate Guide to Getting Started
- Getting Started with Process Street
- Process Street Webinar – Conditional Logic
- The Complete Guide to Business Process Management (ebook)
- Ultimate Guide to Small Business Automation with Zapier (ebook)
- The Ultimate Guide to Business Process Automation (ebook)
What is the “Variable SOP Structure Template”?
This SOP template is part of a series of innovative SOP structure templates, designed to make building, implementing, and following SOPs easier for everyone involved.
The name of this template refers to the combination of fixed and variable instructions. Some parts of this template will be fixed (i.e. stuff you know will need to be done every time) while certain steps will be variable (i.e. the “variable” daily tasks you may not know until you start the process).
Check out our article for more SOP examples, and to see the other templates for SOP innovation.
At the end of this procedure, we’ve provided a list of the different standard operating procedure examples we’ve created. We’ve also made sure to include procedures that can be used by companies throughout various industries.
All of the listed SOP procedures are publicly available. So that just means you can add any of them to your Process Street account and customize them to better suit you and your company’s needs.