Use this Business Requirements Template to detail a business solution in the form of a new product, service, or project, documenting stakeholder needs, and expectations.
Every new activity, product, or project is started to deliver on a specific business need. Sometimes though, there can be a mismatch between what has been designed and what is needed.
With a focussed business requirements analysis, such mismatches can be avoided. This is achieved through the process of discovering, analyzing, defining, and documenting the requirements.
This Business Requirement Template will assist you in the assessment of business requirements for a new product/service or project.
The objectives of this template are:
- Gain stakeholder agreement for the new product/service or project,
- Communicate needed solutions that satisfy customer and business needs,
- Provide the required input to introduce the changes necessary,
- Describe what and how the customer/business needs will be met by your introduced changes.
This checklist has been produced from referring to the Project Management Docs, Requirements Management Plan
How to use this checklist
At the beginning of this checklist, you will be presented with a set of specialized questions given as form fields. You are required to populate each form field with your data.
This Business Requirement Template is broken down into four areas:
- Requirement identification
- Requirement analysis
- Requirement documentation
- Ongoing requirement management
At the end of each stage, your supervisor/manager will review your work using Process Street’s approvals feature. The resulting information is then used to make system improvements. The best way to apply the results will depend on the nature of the system.
Features used in this template include:
- Stop tasks – To ensure task order.
- Dynamic due dates – To make sure your initiative is reviewed on time.
- Role assignments – To delegate tasks within your team ensuring your supervisors are appropriately assigned to the review tasks.
- Approvals – Tasks can be accepted, rejected, and rejected with comments.