In this episode of the Business Systems Explored podcast, we talk to Steli Efti, CEO of Close, a sales and CRM platform.
Listening to Steli Efti is like soaking in the most intense sales wisdom you’ll ever hear.
He’s a born salesman, and this interview is full of his detailed processes and quick-fire tips. From building, scaling and maintaining a sales team to generating outbound sales leads and closing deals, Steli lets us in on techniques that have helped him build the successful Close from (surprise surprise) an outbound sales service to a CRM.
He explains his “AQC” model for measuring the effectiveness of outbound sales, and how many cold calls you need to make every day to get results. I really loved hearing about testing whether it’s your leads that aren’t qualified or whether your sales pitch just sucks.
Use the links below to get the episode!
Links to listen
And remember, if you like the show, please leave us a review and rating. 🙂
Quote to Tweet
“Qualify, pitch, manage objections then go for the close. It’s a process, not rocket science” (tweet this)
- Steli reveals best practices and processes for building a killer sales team
- What types of companies should bother implementing a sales team
- Why Close don’t do outbound sales any more
- Setting up an inbound sales machine
- When to set up a sales team, and when not to
- Using outbound sales as market research and pure hustle
- Getting your first customer with outbound sales
- A solid framework for outbound sales explained
- Estimating the actual lifetime value of a customer to see if you need a sales team
- Back-of-the-napkin math for calculating the cost of outbound sales
- When it’s okay to pay $2 to get $1 back
- A quick trick you can use to make outbound sales way more profitable
- Identifying your ideal customer, and judging how hard it will be to implement outbound sales to go after them
- The most overlooked ground rule of outbound sales
- How to answer the question “does this scale?”
- What to do when you run out of leads
- Matching ideal customers to lead sources to reel in the best targets
- Why trusting bought leads is pure stupidity and manual scraping is much more accurate
- The types of professionals that are the easiest to sell to
- A rarely used method of generating sales leads
- You’ve got leads. What now?
- Implementing a system to get consistent demos, meetings and sales
- Planning out a month of sales activity in advance
- The importance of testing constantly: emails, cold calls, offers.
- Why 99.9% of outbound campaigns are high volume
- What does ‘high volume’ mean? How many cold calls or emails is that per day?
- Developing a minimum viable pitch
- Overcoming the fear of sales
- The most important outbound sales metrics to track when cold calling and emailing
- Calculating your “reach rate” to measure your sale team’s effectiveness
- The simple way to find out if a lead is qualified
- Finding out if your leads are the problem, or if your pitch just sucks
- Creating a list of common objections to close more deals
- Why you should follow up forever
- Close: https://close.com
- Close Blog: https://blog.close.com
- Elastic Sales: http://elasticsales.com/
- Process Street: http://process.st