In this episode of the Business Systems Explored podcast, we talk to Zapier’s Alison Groves about growing a tech startup to 1,000,000 users.
Want to grow your software company to 1,000,000 users? In this episode the Business Systems Explored podcast, we speak to Alison Groves, the Partner Marketing Manager at Zapier, and find out exactly how she did it.
Zapier is an intuitive automation platform that connects your SaaS apps together. In the beginning, Zapier was doing cold outreach to software giants like Salesforce, asking them if they could build integrations for their platform. Now, there are over 500 Zapier partners — Process Street included — and that’s because of the partner marketing work Alison has been a part of.
For a business that survives on the cooperation of other businesses, Zapier has quickly shot up the ranks and become the go-to platform for connecting apps that don’t have native integrations.
How did they forge such great relations with so many big companies? Listen to the episode to get the growth strategy they used.
Links to listen
And remember, if you like the show, please leave us a review and rating. 🙂
Click below to subscribe on iTunes:
Quote to Tweet
“The earliest days of Zapier were purely trying to help one customer solve one problem” (tweet this)
- How to get your app featured on Zapier
- Increasing customer retention with integrations
- How to connect 575 apps together (that’s over 4,300,000 possibilities)
- Saving time with workflow automation
- Why starting off employees with customer support is the best way to train them
- Why integrations can give signups a huge boost for SaaS companies
- How Zapier went from chasing big apps one-by-one to 95% inbound
- The criteria Zapier use to pick and choose their partners
- What happens when you get rejected from a Zapier partnership
- How Zapier uses a 35-point checklist to onboard new partners
- How content marketing ties into product marketing
- Separating your marketing and your knowledge base
- Zapier’s SEO strategy which runs on autopilot
- Building over 10,000 landing pages with unique copy
- On Seth Godin’s Connection’s Economy
- How Alison helped grow a company that has saved customers 14 million hours of work
- Zapier: http://zapier.com
- Process Street: https://www.process.st
- Trello: http://trello.com
- Slack: http://slack.com
- Salesforce: http://salesforce.com
- JIRA: http://atlassian.com/JIRA
- Help Scout: http://helpscout.net/
- Evernote: http://evernote.com
- Find out more about Zapier: http://zapier.com/about
- Alison’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/alisongroves — reach out any time to chat
- Zapier on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zapier
- Become a Zapier partner: [email protected]
Download our FREE 111 Page Ebook on Workflow Automation
Ever wished you could automate the stuff you hate doing at work? Then you need to check out The Ultimate Guide To Business Process Automation with Zapier!
We’ve created the perfect resource to get you saving time and money by automating your business’ processes.
From basic tasks such as saving Gmail attachments into Dropbox to shipping your Salesforce leads into Mailchimp, the Ultimate Guide will guide you through setting up the perfect Zaps to automatically handle the tasks that clog up your schedule.
Plus, with Zapier’s 500+ integrated apps, chances are that your favorite programs are just waiting to be linked!
Better yet, it’s completely free!
What’s in the Ebook?
- What is Zapier – A Brief Introduction to Business Automation
- The Real Power of Zapier – Lookups, Filters and Multi-Step Zaps
- Zapier vs IFTTT: The Best Way to Automate Your Life?
- 222 Zaps You Can Start Using Right Now
- 50 Examples of Business Process Automation from the World’s Most innovative Companies
- 50 more Examples of Workflow Automation using Process Street
CEO and Co-Founder of Process Street. Sign-up for his free systems masterclass or find him on Twitter and LinkedIn.