This is a great feature for anyone needing to create lots of workflow runs in bulk, all at once.
Not only can you quickly create a batch of workflow runs, you can add an assignee, a due date, and also fill out form field data within your workflow runs, which is where this feature becomes really powerful.
Running multiple workflows in this way not only saves you heaps of time, but also reduces data entry error, and allows you to collaborate on processes with however many users or departments you need.
Example use cases
- Creating tenant move-out workflow runs with your property managers, tenants, and/or maintenance team assigned to the relevant tasks within the run
- Creating support ticket workflow runs and assigning them to each of your support team members, with conditional logic showing the type of support your customers are looking for
- Creating customer onboarding workflow runs for your CS team, with each person assigned to their own runs and dynamic due dates set for key deadlines in the process
- Creating lead qualification workflow runs for your sales team with the contact details and initial call date with the customer pre-filled
- Creating project workflow runs for groups of students, with different teachers or coaches assigned to the approval task in each one
How can I create multiple workflow runs?
First things first, you’re going to need to head to the workflow you’d like to run. Click your workflow’s name to open it in view mode.
In the right-hand menu, click “More options” and then “Run multiple“. Download the example CSV file shown above, and add that to your spreadsheet. You can use Google Sheets or Excel for this.
The CSV contains all of that specific workflow’s form fields, as well as fields for checklist (workflow run) name, checklist (workflow run) due date, and the checklist (workflow run) assignee’s email address.
Your CSV must include a header row, which you will see once you’ve added it to your sheet. Enter all your data below the header row, as shown below.
Workflow run due dates, where used, must be formatted and must include a time, in ISO format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm, for example, 2021-04-10 19:00.
Form field due dates do not have to have the time included, these could also be left blank depending on your use case.
For multi-choice fields, separate your data values with a comma.
For members form fields, add a user email address.
Download and import your CSV file
Next, you need to download or save your completed sheet as a CSV and upload it to Process Street from the place you left off from earlier, as shown below.
Click “Refresh logs” to see that your upload has been successful or head to your Reports tab to see your new workflow runs.
If any workflow runs have been assigned to you, you will see these in your Process Street Inbox.