Creating a Template Share Link gives people outside of your organization the ability to view a template, run individual checklists off of a template, or import your template into their own organization.
For more information on all of the ways to share templates and checklists, check out our help article on sharing your processes.
How to access the template sharing options
To access the options for sharing a template, first, click the cog next to the name of the template you’re interested in sharing to expose the right-hand template menu.
From there, simply click the ‘Share Template’ button to bring up the various template sharing options.
Creating a template share link
To create a Template Share Link, click the second tab from inside the ‘Share Template’ dialogue box.
You can set one of three different permission levels for the Template Share Link:
- Anyone with the link can view the template and create checklists (or import the checklist into their own organization by clicking ‘Import Template’)
- Anyone with the link can view the template (or import the checklist into their own organization by clicking ‘Import Template’)
- Only members of your organization with the link can view the template and create checklists
Once you have chosen the permission level that you prefer, copy the link by clicking the ‘Copy’ button and send to whomever you like. Click ‘Done’ to close the share menu.
Private template importing
To privately share a template with another Process Street organization, set the Template Share Link permissions to either:
- ‘Anyone with the link can view the template’ or
- ‘Anyone with the link can view the template and create checklists’
The recipient of the link will be able to import the template directly into their organization by clicking the ‘I want this for my business’ button at the top right of the page.
If you have chose the permission which allows them to create checklists, they can also ‘Run checklists‘ straight away by clicking the green button.
In the share template dialogue box, you can also find where to create run links, which automatically start a checklist from that template, when someone clicks the link. Learn more about how to create and use Checklist Run Links.