Since teams and businesses use many software apps on a day-to-day basis, the data within each app can become siloed.
Automations allow you to pass that data to and from other apps, reducing the amount of manual copy-pasting your team needs to do, therefore reducing errors and becoming more efficient as a result.
Process Street has a number of automations that you can utilize, to streamline your business and have your processes running fun, fast, and faultlessly.
Users: In order to create or update automations, you must be an Administrator, or a Member with “can edit” permissions.
In each of the automations, you have the ability to map data fields from one app to the other.
Example use cases
- You complete a checklist in Process Street and that kicks off another checklist, which is assigned to one of your colleagues and contains some of the data from your completed checklist
- You fill out a lease agreement checklist which is approved by management, and then sent to the client for an electronic signature in Docusign
- When your IT team update their server reports for clients, all the data is pushed into a Google sheet for reporting and tracking progress
- When you complete a discovery call checklist, you want to share that call in your team Slack channel
- You collect information about an issue from your support desk. When a specific task is completed, a bug ticket is raised for your engineering team to investigate, and a Jira ticket is attached to the support conversation
How to create automations
When you’re viewing a template, you will find the “automation” tab next to the “template” tab, as shown below.
Each automation has its own set of actions and triggers, which you can learn about in these help articles:
Note: You should only create automations once your templates have been fully built out and completed, as recommended in our 5 Stages of Process Building.
There are no filters, delays, or formulas built into automations. To be able to utilize these types of functions, you might want to consider using a Zapier integration for your automation.
Request another app
If you would like to request that we add another app to our automations, you can do that from the automation tab in your template.
If your automation stopped running or isn’t working as expected, there might be a couple of reasons for this. Check the following:
- Did you turn the automation on once you set it up? Each automation has a separate “on/off” toggle switch
- Did you edit your template, change or delete a form field that you were mapping in your automation? If you did, then this may cause your automation to stop running
- Did you edit your template but not save the changes? You need to have saved any edits to your template to have the latest version pull through to your automations
- If you are updating a checklist with data from another app, you may need to refresh your checklist to see that data pulled through
- Each time your automation runs you will see a record in your run log. Any errors in your automation will be shown here
If you have any questions about using automations, please reach out to our customer success team.