Procurement management directly impacts an organization’s bottom-line and can be responsible for 70% of revenue. With this in mind, it’s important to get procurement right.
The world of procurement has undergone tremendous changes in the past couple of years. Changes of particular importance when thinking about procurement management include:
- Digital transformation: With 85% of organizations believing that this digital transformation will change the way they deliver services over the next 3-5 years.
- Thinking about suppliers beyond price: With a greater focus on supplier synergies. The importance of supplier visibility regarding the procurement steps is realized.
- Moving to effective change management: Organizations focus on a smooth change management plan, with procurement leaders agreeing change management is the biggest roadblock to achieving procurement goals.
- Risk management and preparing the unexpected: With transparent procurement systems reducing risk exposure. Only 65% of procurement leaders have little or no visibility in their supply chain.
With this in mind, in this Process Street article, we explain how you can create a procurement management solution that leverages a digital transformation (using Process Street as your procurement management software), thinks about suppliers beyond price, and incorporates effective risk and change management.
Click on the relevant subheader below to jump to your section of choice. Alternatively, scroll down to read all we have to say on procurement management.
- What is procurement? A re-cap of the basics
- Examples of procurement gone wrong
- What is procurement management (+ benefits)
- Procurement management best practice
- Procurement management plan in 7 steps
Let’s jump to it!