Client Onboarding for Professional Services
When a new client signs up, it’s not enough to leave them alone to jump into your service by themselves – you’ve got to have a clearly written process to make sure they know they’ve made the right choice.
Settling a new client into your business and establishing a good relationship is one of the best ways to reduce churn.
‘If you hold a customer’s hand for 90 days, they’ll be loyal for life’. – John Jantsch
The process of perfect onboarding differs depending on your business, but the essence is the same. Of course, you’re updating your CRM and complying with legal regulation, but that’s not going to make the customer think you’re the best choice and quell the buyer’s remorse. You’ve also got to build a relationship, get to know the customer’s individual needs (once they’ve signed up, they’re not just a vague profile or target audience) then integrate them into your existing business process.
Bonus: Looking for a real example use case from the super-successful DoubleDutch team? Click HERE to unlock it.
At Process Street, we’ve put together 14 templates you can use to get new clients settled in with minimal hassle. The templates include sample documents, ready-to-send emails and industry-specific advice for criminal lawyers, marketing agencies, and financial planners.
Want to get straight to the checklists? No problem! Here they are:
- Client Onboarding Checklist for Financial Planners
- Client Onboarding Checklist for Marketing Agencies
- Client Onboarding Checklist for Criminal Law Firms
- High Touch Client Onboarding for SaaS Companies
- Website Design Client Onboarding Template
- Landlord Onboarding Checklist
- Client Onboarding Checklist for an Accounting Firm
- Patient Intake Checklist for a Dental Clinic
- Patient Intake Checklist for a Medical Clinic
- Client Onboarding Checklist for Real Estate Sales
- Client Onboarding Checklist for a Managed Service Provider
- Client Onboarding Checklist for a Software Development Company
- Client Onboarding Checklist for Management Consulting
- Client Onboarding Checklist for an Insurance Broker