“Everyone who works here is a jerk. It smells terribly bad and the manager is an a**hole.” – Vanessa, TrustPilot
As a business owner, how would you respond to this review? Fight back and tell the customer they’re wrong? Ignore it and hope it goes away? Or apologize profusely and kill them with kindness?
In a world where 70% of consumers look at multiple review sites and read a whopping 10 reviews before choosing a local business, review management needs to be a crucial part of your business success plan.
But with 63% of businesses not checking or responding to their online reviews, we at Process Street, have written this post to help you understand the impact and importance of managing your online reviews.
This post will tell you everything you need to know about review management, including the following topics:
- What is review management?
- Where did review management begin?
- How important is review management?
- How to respond to reviews
- How to get more reviews
- When to ask for reviews
- How to monitor reviews
- How to use Process Street to manage online reviews
We will also give you access to 14 super-charged templates that will actively help you manage your online reviews. If you’re in a hurry, feel free to jump straight into them:
- Asking Valuable Customers for Feedback Checklist
- Customer Service Representative Performance Review Checklist
- Individual Review Feedback Analysis Process Checklist
- How to Ask for a Review from a High Touch Client Checklist
- How to Get Google Reviews from Top Customers Checklist
- How to Get Reviews on Amazon With a Personal Touch Checklist
- How to Respond to Google Reviews Process Checklist
- How to Respond to Yelp Reviews Process Checklist
- Monitor Reviews Set-up Checklist
- Positive Review Response Process Checklist
- Product Review Process Checklist
- Reply to eBay Feedback Process Checklist
- Responding to Negative Reviews Process
- Social Listening Strategy Process Checklist
If you’re curious about what these templates look like, check out this embedded Social Listening Strategy Process Checklist here, or scroll down to find them all embedded.
But if you’ve got time, grab yourself a cuppa and let’s get started!