What can you do with Checklist Dashboard?
- Find what you need, faster and more efficiently
- Check your team’s progress on a particular project or process
- Create saved views for a particular client, project, department, or your whole organization
- Organize your work so that you can be more productive
- Quickly identify where tasks or projects may be going off-track
Navigate to your checklist dashboard via the “Checklists” button on the header bar in your Process Street account.
Users: All users can see the Checklist Dashboard. However, all permissions you have set previously on checklists and templates will apply when viewing the dashboard.
How to use checklist dashboard
You can create a saved view for anything you want, for whatever is important for you to see in your organization, or for whatever is essential for you to do your job.
Default saved views
To help you get started, we’ve created some defaults. You’re welcome 🙂
- Assigned to me – All checklists assigned to you that are due soon, on track or overdue
- Active checklists – Any checklists in the whole organization that are overdue, on track or due soon
- Overdue – Any checklists in the whole organization that are overdue
- Recently completed – All completed checklists, with the most recently completed at the top
Note: It is not possible to edit or delete default saved views. You can, however, make changes to the column headers, filters and templates and then create a new saved view from a default. Essentially this makes a copy of the default which you can then edit and save.
Create a new saved view
There are two ways to create a new saved view, create one from scratch, or create one from an existing view.
To create a brand new saved view, look over to the menu on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click on the + button above the default saved views
- Name the view and select the permission levels
- Set filters, choose your templates, re-order and sort the columns
- Click “Save View” and then “Save” to finish
You can also create a new saved view from an existing view, or from a default saved view.
- Select a saved view from the menu on the left of the dashboard
- Make any changes you need – Choose which templates you’d like to see checklists from, change the filters, re-order or sort the columns
- Click on “Save View” then select Create new saved view, and give your new view a name
- Set permissions and click “Save” to finish
There are no limits to the number of saved views you can create, or the number of templates you can view checklists from.
Single template view
When you select only one template from the template dropdown menu, this allows you to view and select the tasks and/or form fields from that template, in addition to the standard column headers.
You can choose to see as many of the tasks or form fields as you like by checking and unchecking the boxes next to their name. Once selected, they will appear as column headers in your view. You can drag and drop these into position in the same way as other columns, and then save the view when you’re done.
Use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page to navigate multiple tasks and form fields.
Tasks will show a tick if they have been completed, or blank if not. Form fields will show the data collected within them e.g. an email address, a website URL or a contact name. Tasks or fields hidden by conditional logic will have an icon of an eyeball with a diagonal line across them, as shown above.
In your dashboard you’ll see several column headings that you can use to create a saved view that works best for you. All the columns you see are optional, so you can select the ones you want to see, and hide the ones you don’t.
To hide or show columns, click on the “Columns” drop-down in the center of your screen. Check or un-check the boxes next to the columns you’d like to show or hide respectively.
You can also drag and drop the columns into position, sort the data in the columns and re-size the columns to further customize your view.
This is a list of all the columns you can choose, and what they do.
- Name – The name of your checklist
- Template – The name of the template that your checklist was run from
- Assignees – Who is assigned to this checklist or the tasks within it (individuals or groups). You’ll be able to identify them by a user’s profile picture, their initials, or the group icon or initials
- Comments – See which checklists have comments in them. Open the checklist to view the comments
- Started – The date the checklist was created
- Activity – Shows when the most recent activity on this checklist took place
- Due – The checklist due date
- Completed – The date the checklist was completed
- Completed by – Who completed it, the user or group
- Status – Shows if the checklist is Completed, Archived, On track, Due soon (within 24 hours) or Overdue. These are color-coded based on priority e.g. overdue is red = most urgent
- Overdue tasks – The number of tasks that are overdue within the checklist. Click to see more details for each task, or to open the checklist
- Tasks completed – The number of tasks that have been completed and a progress bar. It’s also color-coded to match the checklist status
- Version – The template version number for this checklist
Filters and sorting
Dashboard filters allow you to manipulate the values contained in your columns. You can add multiple rules in the filters or keep it simple, it’s up to you!
These are the different types of column filters you can apply, and what options you have.
- Name – Checklist name contains, is equal to, is not equal to or does not contain a certain word/s
- Status – Checklist status contains or does not contain any of Completed, Archived, On track, Due soon or Overdue status flags. You can multi-select or filter one at a time
- Started, Activity, Due, Completed – Before, after or in between a range of dates
- Overdue tasks – Is equal to, greater than or less than a specified number
- Tasks completed – Is equal to, greater than or less than a specified number of tasks
If you want to change the filters, you can easily edit or delete them. To delete a filter click on the blue Filter button and click the x next to the filter name on the left. To add a new filter click +Add Filter.
And / or filters
When you add a new filter, the default is to have a filter that searches for your first filter And a second filter. However, if you click on the word And this changes to Or, so that you can have the results of filter one Or filter two in your view.
When you’re done customizing, save your selection by clicking “Save View” and then click “Save” to finish.
Use the search box in the center of the dashboard to look for checklists by name.
Note: You can’t search for anything else except checklist names here. If you’d like to search for templates, head to your Template Dashboard.
Saved views: permissions and sharing
You can set permissions and share a saved view when you create a new saved view, or when you edit an existing one.
If you set a saved view to “Private” only you can see this view. Choose either “Individuals & groups” to share it with selected people, or “Organization” to share it with all admins and members in your organization.
If you’ve chosen “Individuals & groups”, you’ll want to select who to share it with. Under “Who has access?” type a name or enter an email address to search for a user or a group from the dropdown. When you’ve finished adding users, click “Save” to finish. The saved view will have a group icon next to it in the menu on the left of your screen.
If you select “Organization”, all admins and members in your Process Street organization will see that saved view when they open their checklist dashboard. This saved view will have a globe icon next to it in the menu on the left of your screen.
Note: Only Admins can create organization-wide saved views.
Shared saved views automatically appear in the user’s dashboards when they refresh their browser, or log in (no email notification will be sent to inform them that there is a new saved view).
- You can only invite Admins or Members who are already part of your organization into saved views. If you need to add more people, find out how to invite them into your organization first
- Members or Groups you share this with, will need to have permission to view that template or checklist first, otherwise their saved view will not show any checklists. Members or Groups who you share saved views with cannot edit or delete them
- You cannot share saved views with Guests. Guests will only be able to see checklists that have been assigned to them. In a guest’s dashboard they can see default saved views and set filters or sort column headers, however they cannot create saved views of their own, or edit existing saved views
Edit a saved view
Select the saved view you’d like to change from the left-hand menu, and start by changing or adding filters, moving column position, selecting templates or column sorting.
Make all the changes you need and click “Save View” in the center of your screen. Ensure the checkbox for “Save changes made to xxx” is selected, then click “Save” to finish.
If you’d only like to edit the permissions on a saved view, click the cog next to its name in the left-hand menu, as shown above. Make your changes and hit “Save” when you’re done.
Note: Admins can edit saved views shared with all users or those shared with individuals or groups. Any user that has created their own saved views can edit their own. Private views can only be edited by the user that created them.
Delete a saved view
First make sure you have selected the correct saved view from the left-hand menu. Next, click the cog on the right of the saved view and then select “Delete view”.
Note: Admins can delete saved views created by any user (except for private views). Any user that has created their own saved views can delete their own, but they cannot delete views others have created.
Export to CSV
You can export checklists from any of your saved views in your Checklist Dashboard.
First, select the view where you would like to export checklists from, then click on the “Export” button on the right of your screen. You can choose to export all columns, or only the visible columns.
Once you click the export button, your CSV will automatically start downloading within your current browser (as shown below).
If you don’t have permission to view checklists in a particular saved view, the CSV file will be blank.
Note: Time zones for all dates included in CSV exports are in UTC. To convert the UTC to your local time, please visit this site.
Learn more about Checklist Dashboard in our Blog post: The Best Way to Keep Track of Your Team with Process Street.