This is not just another blog post on workflow software, describing what it is and why it’s important.
Nevertheless, I will quickly mention for those of you who doubt its importance, that the global market size of workflow management systems is estimated to grow at a staggering rate of 23% from 2016 to 2021, shooting up in value from $3.5 billion to just under $10 billion.
In short, it has already begun to establish itself as a key competitive battleground for years to come.
The intent of this post is to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the purpose and use of workflow software, its application in various industries, the role of automation, methods for continuous improvement, and top tips for getting started in a fast, high-impact fashion.
It’s long, it’s heavy, it’s everything you need to know.
Ultimately, I am aiming to provide a practical guide to help you get the most out of the software you use for workflow management.
If you don’t currently use software to manage your workflows, then you must be at least considering it, otherwise you wouldn’t be spending valuable minutes of your day reading this.
In any case, skim through, extract any nuggets of information you find useful, think about your internal business processes and how getting started could improve your team’s productivity and forward strategic goals. It really is surprisingly easy (and affordable) to get the ball rolling.
The goal of this post is to provide you with clear information you need to:
- Understand what workflow software is, how it works and key features
- Evaluate whether or not you need workflow software right now
- Understand the benefits of utilizing workflow software
- Know how you can get started quickly and with minimal stress
- Implement workflows effectively with a 5-step process
- Have a solid understanding of how to set up automation for even greater efficiency
- Set yourself up to achieve both short-term and long-term strategic goals