When you think of team building, it probably summons up one of two images:
- Awkwardly passing balloons between your legs at school
- Awkwardly falling backwards into to the arms of an awkward colleague
It’s something managers and employees shy away from because no one wants to be part of meaningless icebreakers, inane retreats, and mildly offensive balloon games.
Good news: it doesn’t have to be that way.
While you’ve come to expect team building to be an afternoon of time-wasting that just reaffirms everyone’s discomfort, if it’s done properly that isn’t the case.
Skip ahead to the activities using the links below!
- Team building activities to break the ice
- Creative team building activities
- Problem solving team building activities
- Ongoing team building activities
- Competitive team building activities
- Longer, more involved team building activities
Or read on to find out more about the concept of team building…