This article is part of our onboarding program, and is aimed towards new Members working in a Process Street organization. If you’re an administrator adding new members, please forward this to them to help them get started, or this one for Guests.
If you’ve been invited to work in a Process Street organization as a member, there are a few questions you might have about what you can and can’t do, and how to get started.
In this article we’re going to look at:
- What a member is
- What happens when you get invited to work in Process Street
- Learning Process Street lingo
- What a member can do in Process Street
- Frequently asked questions
What is a member?
A member is the next step down from an admin in an organization, and can be given four different levels of access to that organization, depending on what they need to work on.
Members could be:
- A team leader, responsible for editing their own team’s templates and running checklists from them
- A person who needs to run lots of different checklists, but doesn’t need to edit templates
- A person who only needs to work on, or run their own checklists
- A person who only works on checklists, but doesn’t run any
How do I become a member?
Someone you work with is already using Process Street, and they are the one that will instigate your invite.
You’ll receive an invite in your email inbox, which contains a button which you should click, to “Join (Name of Organization)”
First you’ll need to accept this invite, then you will receive a second email, asking you to sign into Process Street (if you haven’t done so already). There will be no second email if you have used your Google credentials to sign in.
Once you’re logged into Process Street, you will see a view similar to this – it’s your template dashboard.
This is where you’ll find any folders or templates that you have been assigned or invited to.
Your checklist dashboard is where you’ll find any checklists that have been assigned to you.
Select “My checklists” from the left side of your screen to take you to the checklists you need to work on.
Your Inbox is where you’ll find your personal “to-do” list of tasks, checklists or approvals that have been assigned to you to work on. We suggest you bookmark this for easy access: https://app.process.st/inbox 😉
In the example below, there are a few items to complete today, and some for tomorrow or next week in the upcoming tab.
Click the task in our inbox tab to open it up and start filling out the details. Click the green tick to complete tasks.
A tick icon denotes a task, a page icon is a whole checklist and a thumbs up is an approval task.
What’s all this new lingo?
Here’s a quick 101 to learning some of the key words and phrases you’ll hear whilst using Process Street.
- Organization – The company, team or business that you’ve been invited to work in
- Template – A template is the master copy or the main blueprint for a process
- Checklist – A single, unique instance of that template or master process
- Running a checklist – When a new checklist has been created or started
- Tasks – Individual steps to complete within a checklist
- Form fields – The places you enter details like words, dates, email addresses or website links into a checklist
- Subtasks – A sub-set of tasks within a task
- Assignees – The person or people responsible for a checklist or a task
- Permission – What you’re allowed to see, and therefore work on
- Required Fields – Data you have to complete before being allowed to move on to the next task
- Due date – The date a checklist or task needs to be completed by
- Inbox – Your personal to-do list
- Checklist Dashboard – Where you’ll find all checklists and tasks assigned to you
- Template Dashboard – Where you’ll find all templates and folders assigned to you
This is what you might see when you’re looking at a checklist:
What can a member do in Process Street?
Whilst some members may have been granted access to edit templates, most members will just want to run or complete checklists, ticking off tasks as they go.
What you can see and do within Process Street, depends on what level of permission you’re given by an Admin in the organization. Permission can be given to you on folders, templates, checklists, tasks or in a group.
These are the differences between the four member permission levels:
If you’d like to do more than you are currently able to (i.e. change permission level) please contact an administrator in your organization (or the person who invited you into Process Street) for access.
Before you dive into your Process Street Inbox, first let’s make sure you have your profile set up and your notifications set.
You can access your profile settings by clicking on the dropdown in the top right corner of your screen. Next click “My Profile & Settings” as shown below.
From here you can add a profile picture, change your name, add your role, add another email address, reset your password, add your contact number and set your time zone.
While you’re getting started it’s a good idea to leave all the toggles switched to “on” as you can always come back and edit your notifications at a later date.
Communicating with others
Now that you have access to tasks and checklists assigned to you, you can use the comments at the bottom of each task to communicate with other users in the same organization.
What’s the difference between a template and a checklist again?
Take a look at this video for a quick refresher.
Why can’t I run a new checklist?
If you cannot run a new checklist from a template, it’s probably because you don’t have permission to do this. However you can start new checklists if an admin in the organization sends you a checklist run link or a template share link.
Why can’t I create a new template?
For the same reason above, you probably don’t have permission to start new templates. Members with editing permission or Admins can do this.
Where did my completed tasks or checklist go?
If you cannot see the checklist and would like to reactivate it, please reach out to an admin or a member with editing access, to do this for you.
Ready to get started?
Head straight to your Process Street Inbox to start working on those checklists and tasks!
- Learn more about the basics of using Process Street in our Getting Started Guide
- Watch our demo video and browse our YouTube Channel
- Search our Knowledge Base for help
- Search our Blog for more inspiration and advice
- Contact our Customer Success team with any questions you might have
- Share this article: https://www.process.st/help/docs/using-process-street-as-a-member/