Template sharing options:
- Assign members, groups, or guests to a template within your organization
- Create a Template Share Link
- Create a Checklist Run Link
- Make a template public
- Publicly embed it on other websites
Checklist sharing options:
- Assign members, groups, or guests to a checklist within your organization
- Create a Checklist Share Link
How to access the template sharing options
To access the options for sharing a template, first click the cog next to the name of the template you’re interested in sharing, to expose the right-hand template menu.
From there, simply click the ‘Share Template’ button to bring up the various template sharing options.
Assigning users to templates
To assign your guests, members, or groups to a template type their name or email address into the field provided and then click the green ‘Add’ button.
Members or groups that you assign to your template can be given one of three permission levels:
- Users with ‘can view own’ access can only see and edit their own checklists for that template
- Users with ‘can view’ access can view and edit any checklist that has been created from the template, but cannot edit the template itself
- Finally, users with ‘can edit’ access can edit the template, and view any checklists created from it
Guests can only be granted ‘can view own’ permissions.
For more info, please check out our help article on assigning users to templates.
Creating a template share link
To create a Template Share Link, click the second tab from inside the ‘Share Template’ dialogue box.
You can set one of three different permission levels for the Template Share Link:
- Anyone with the link can view the template and create checklists (or import the checklist into their own organization by clicking ‘Import Template’)
- Anyone with the link can view the template (or import the checklist into their own organization by clicking ‘Import Template’)
- Only members of your organization with the link can view the template and create checklists
Once you have chosen the permission level that you prefer, copy the link by clicking the ‘Copy’ button and send to whomever you like.
For more info, check out our article on Template Share Links.
Creating a checklist run link
To create a Checklist Run Link, click the tab labeled ‘Run Link’ inside the ‘Share Template’ dialogue box.
You can set two different permissions levels for a Checklist Run Link:
- Anyone with the link can create a new checklist based off your template
- Only organization members with the link can create a new checklist based off your template
Making a template public
The last option for sharing a template is to make it public.
It is very important to note that once a template has been made public, there is no way to ever make it private again.
To make a template public, open the template menu, click ‘More’, and then ‘Add to Public Library’.
Learn more about public and embedded templates.
How to share a checklist
To share a checklist, go into the checklist and hit the “Share Link” button in the right-hand menu.
Learn more about Checklist Share Links.
Once you have shared a checklist with a member of your organization, or a guest, they are going to want to know how to use Process Street. You can also share these articles with them, to help them get started: