You may need to share your workflows or workflow runs with other users, either inside or outside your organization.
Workflow sharing options
- Assign members, groups, or guests to a workflow within your organization
- Create a share link
- Create a run link
- Make a workflow public so that it can be found on search engines & publicly embed it on other websites
Workflow run sharing options
How to share workflows
To access the options for sharing a workflow, first head to your Library and search for the workflow you would like to share.
Next, click the three dots next to the name of your workflow (or click its name) to open the right-hand menu.
From there, click the “Share” button to bring up your sharing options. You will see three tabs, for “Permissions“, “Share Link” and “Run Link” as shown above.
Assigning users and setting permissions on workflows
Next, you’ll need to consider how much access (or which permission level) you would like them to have on this workflow.
Members or groups that you assign to your workflow can be given one of four permission levels, which you can select by using the dropdown shown above:
- Users or groups with ‘can edit and run‘ access can edit the workflow, run workflows and view any workflow runs created from it (this is the next level of permission down from an Admin)
- Users or groups with ‘can view and run‘ access can view the workflow, any workflow run that has been created from the workflow, run new workflow runs, but cannot edit the workflow itself
- Users or groups with ‘can view own and run‘ access can only view the workflow or workflow runs that have been assigned to them. They can also run workflows
- Users or groups with ‘can view own‘ access can only view the workflow and any workflow runs that have been assigned to them
Guests only ever have ‘can view own‘ permissions.
To remove a user or group from a workflow, click the “Remove user” icon next to the user or group’s name, as shown below.
Creating a workflow share link
A workflow share link allows you to share your workflow with anyone inside or outside your organization.
Start from your Library or a folder, and click the three dots next to your workflow’s name (or click its name).
Next, select “Share” from the right-hand menu and click the second tab in the pop-up window “Share Link“.
Start by selecting one of the three different permission levels for the workflow share link:
- Only members of your organization with the link can view and run the workflow
- Anyone with the link can view this workflow which is a way to share your workflow with “view only” access
- Anyone with the link can view and run this workflow which allows users outside your organization to view and run your workflow
Once you have chosen the permission level that you prefer, copy the share link by clicking the “Copy” button and send it to whomever you like or use it in another workflow to link your processes together.
Users that you share this with outside your organization (with a Process Street account) can click “I want this for my business” to make a copy of the workflow in their own organization, or run the workflow. This depends on the permission you set for your share link.
Learn more about Workflow Share Links.
Creating a workflow run link
Workflow run links allow a user to run your workflow by clicking a link.
To create a workflow run link, open the workflow menu, select “Share” and click the third tab in the pop-up window “Run Link“.
Start by selecting one of the two different permission levels for the Run Link:
- Only organization members can run this workflow
- Anyone can run this workflow
Make your workflow public
If you would like your workflows to be available on search engines, you can make them public. This option also allows you to embed your workflow in a website or another app.
How to share workflow runs
You can share workflow runs with anyone inside or outside your organization.
Assign users to a workflow run
You can give a user or group responsibility for your whole workflow run by assigning them to it.
Workflow run share link
To share your workflow run externally, you can turn on the share link.
Start from your Reports tab and search for the workflow run you would like to share.
Open the workflow run and hit the button next to the “Share link” button at the bottom of the right-hand menu. The default setting is “Off”, so click here to turn the share link “On” as shown above. Copy the link and send it to whomever you choose.
Learn more about workflow run share links.
Once you have shared a workflow run with a member of your organization or a guest, they are might need to know how to use Process Street. You can share these articles with them, to help them get started: