This guest post is by Whitney Blankenship, Content Marketing Manager for Omnisend. When not writing awesome content, Whitney is reading up on the latest in digital marketing, ecommerce, and social media trends. Obsessed with pop culture, art, and metal. Powered by coffee. Fastest Googler in the West. Follow on Twitter.
In the ecommerce industry, omnichannel marketing has been a prevalent theme across articles, social media, conferences, and general thought leadership over the past few years.
Everyone is talking about it, but how many retailers are actually using it? How much of this is just theory, and how can we put omnichannel marketing into practice?
In this Process Street article, we’re going to walk you through the ins and outs of using omnichannel marketing for ecommerce. We’ll cover:
- What omnichannel marketing actually is (and more importantly, what it isn’t)
- How it’s different from multichannel marketing
- Reasons to implement an omnichannel marketing strategy for your ecommerce store
- Best practices to help you nail omnichannel marketing
- Plus, 17 free ecommerce process templates for your business