“In the midst of every crisis lies great opportunity.” – A. Einstein
I’ll refrain from attempting to mask something as devastating as the coronavirus with a silver lining. Nonetheless, there’s no denying that while the world goes bust there is one industry that continues to boom: Tech.
Since the first half of 2020, health and fitness app downloads have soared, growing by a whopping 46% worldwide.
What has been the pandemic’s influence on the femtech and wellness app industries? In this Process Street post, I feature an interview with Hélène Guillaume, founder of a femtech platform (Wild.AI), and Reeva Misra, the founder of a wellness app (Walking on Earth).
Wild.AI is a fitness platform that empowers female athletes by providing AI-powered personal trainers that adapt to the user’s needs. Walking on Earth is a wellness app and platform that offers every user access to personalized coaches and treatment plans.
- How it all comes together: The pandemic, wellness apps, & femtech
- Introducing the founders: Reeva Misra & Hélène Guillaume
- Developing a wellness app
- Developing a femtech platform
- Attracting investor attention as a wellness app
- Attracting investor attention as a femtech platform
- Finding product-market fit during a pandemic
Let’s get started.