Welcome emails are the one email you should be sending.
Because they have a 91.43% open rate, can create an 86% lift in unique open rate, and have on average 5x the click-through rate of a standard email marketing campaign. I’ve uncovered heaps more stats that I’ll share with you later in the post.
For this article I took the time to subscribe to 40 top tech blogs and applied quantitative research to categorize and break down their welcome emails. Hopefully, this article will offer some kind of insight into how to write kick-ass welcome emails.
If you’re asking yourself whether your welcome emails should include power words, links, emojis, rich formatting, or plain text, or what’s the best way to sign off a welcome email – then this post is for you. Specifically, I’ll cover:
- What are welcome emails & why are they important?
- How welcome emails have changed over time
- Welcome emails broken down
- A quantitative approach to welcome emails: The results
- Welcome email teardowns
- Email marketing & Process Street
Let’s get to it. 🚀